Home » Composition in 2 Genres Project

Composition in 2 Genres Project

Rationale-One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest
In these two projects, one is a drawing, and the other is a poem. I related this to the novel
by speaking about how people who deal with Mental Illness feel and how they feel. Many of the
patients in the mental asylum have been suffering and have been looked at very weirdly. Society
puts out people who have mental Illness or often stigmatizes them. People who have a mental
illness need a healthy support system with people who won’t judge them but will make them feel
good.
In the novel, Chief Bromden explains how he feels and can’t focus because of his
paranoia and hallucinations. “I’ve been silent so long now it’s going to roar out of me like
floodwaters, and you think the guy telling this is ranting and raving my God; you think this is too
horrible to have happened, this is too awful to be the truth! But please. It’s still hard for me to
have a clear mind thinking about it. But it’s the truth even if it didn’t happen.” It’s hard for
someone to remain happy when they are dealing with so much. That’s why many times, they
question their self-worth.
Society puts so much pressure, especially on women, and the novel proves it. Mcmurphy
raped Nurse Ratched. “So you see, my friend, it is somewhat as you stated: man has but one truly
effective weapon against the juggernaut of modern matriarchy, but it certainly is not laughter.
One weapon, and with every passing year in this hip, motivationally researched society, more
and more people are discovering how to render that weapon useless and conquer those who have
hitherto been conquerors.” When women come forward and tell their story, people start
questioning if it’s the truth. It almost makes it seem as if the person who did it held such a high
power because no one believes the person sexually assaulted. This is why my project has many
questionings about society and why it has such standards or “norms.” Like if someone has been
sexually assaulted, people often question, “what were you wearing or what were you doing.”To
maintain peace in such a cruel world, people cannot allow these outside forces to put too much
power when a person desires to see and experience all the sadness and suffering of humanity;
they have zoned out of reality.

POEM

Why is that I’m different
People in this world have always had labels from short, tall, fat, skinny, ugly, pretty, etc. If the
person doesn’t make the social norm, they are “weird” and different. Because in society, many
people are taught not to respect all no matter who and where they come from.
.Why can’t people treat me the same
People who get bullied or called names or look at differently start questioning their self-worth
because they aren’t getting the same treatment as others. Even social media makes a lot of young
teenagers question their worth.
.I wish people understood me
Many people are often judged and bullied without knowing who they are and what they have
been through in life. But often, in society, people want to judge by what they have seen or what
they have heard.
.People always underestimate me
Since many people like to judge based on appearance and rumors, they genuinely don’t know the
other person’s capability. People who judge others have most likely been judged and possibly
bullied.
.Why is society like this
These standards in society make some people question why it is like this. Many people have low
self-esteem because of society. Because society plays such a significant influence on the way
people think, and so does social media.
.How will I ever feel safe if I just get laughed at
Being laughed at makes you feel unsafe. It makes you feel like you don’t belong in that specific
place. It makes you feel so uncomfortable. Many people experience that, and it is just so horrible
how others could laugh at someone with no shame.
.Why can’t society accept everyone
People who feel misplacement in society, Probably always question why society has become
like this. I’ve noticed over the years, society has changed, and beauty standards change.
.Why are we labeled as “different.”
People who deal with mental illness have always been stigmatized or labeled to be something
they aren’t. People often label things that aren’t true or do not make sense. There shouldn’t be a
label for anyone.
.Why can’t we be treated equally
Everyone wants to be treated equally and not looked at differently, especially when dealing with
a lot in their lives. People want to feel like they belong in society and not be looked at as weird
or different.
.I want to mute myself out of this world
People always have the feeling to be zoned out and feel like they aren’t in reality, and
they aren’t in this world because this society puts so much pressure and makes you feel like you
have to be the perfect person ever